Thursday 29 November 2007

Heeeeeere's Mitzy...

remember this old tablecloth I picked up in a charity shop for a quid or so?



well, with the aid of Amy Butler's free Birdie pattern it's now turned into ...


... Mitzy the cat...

what a pleasure it was to make Mitzy and a great chance to mess around with fabrics that just don't go...in any traditional sense at least... obviously I love how they look together...


now, must hide her away as I have a suspicion she'll be visiting one of the kids for Christmas...(if I manage to make another to avoid the inevitable fallout should ONLY ONE arrive that is!)

p.s. I visited my friend Jane last night to help her with some casting on and, as well as allowing me to polish off her totally scrumptious cranberry and white chocolate cookies (and giving me the recipe, mmmm mmmmm) she sent me home with some gorgeous hand dyed wool felt from 21st century yarn and a mouse pattern from this book. So we might have some interesting games of cat and mouse going on around Christmas time...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ah, cute, cute cute ! Like the contrast of fabrics.
x

JuanitaTortilla said...

Aw, that is cute :)

P.S. Your craft blog is great -- I simply had to add it to my blogroll!

sewtakeahike said...

Aww, Mitzy's a cutie!!

Livvy and Me said...

That fabric is lovely, what a great find and a cute final product!

Jenniferx

LINDSAY said...

o, she is very sweet. quirky. perfect. lovely blog.