Monday 12 November 2007

5 go wild on a bog, or, very random witterings about the week...


I spent a wonderful weekend with my four oldest friends (we won't go into HOW long we've known each other but, gulp, it is now over the quarter century mark) and we reminded ourselves of how much fun it is possible to have by barricading 5 women up in a country cottage with plenty of fine food and wine and nothing to do for two nights and two days other than reminisce and act silly

there were many toasts...


oh no, we weren't inebriated, not at all...



that's Siobhan doing her peig sayers in my blue scarf for those of you who missed the obvious cultural reference!!!



see the resemblance?

Orders for 4 scarves flew in after this performance (and I haven't forgotten the teacosy request Siobhan eile)


AND I met up with Marion and got my LRPC back...thanks sis!


(complete with 33 year old sweet wrapper still inside - Trebor something or other)

all in all, the BEST weekend!

Then I got home from the airport (via a long day at work) on Monday night, exhausted, to find the following waiting for me...

the kids had missed me so much they made a model of me to sit on top of the fridge and oversee kitchen activities. I just love my hairdo and the vintage style empire line dress...VERY now

they also made a footballing version of me, now this I just don't get...


also waiting were a couple of ebay deliveries to add to my (ever lengthening) list of Things To Do Someday



and here is something I forgot to show off last week, a little pinny I picked up in a charity shop for 80p...wearing this I will surely be a Domestic Goddess, even if all I have cooked recently is "fish puddle" (believe me, you DON'T want the recipe)...


really must do some crafting this week...

No comments: