Monday 5 November 2007

Eli's blanket - v2.0

phew, it's done!

I can stop lying awake at night agonising over how it it might be managed...oooh, a nights sleep, what a treat...


I made it all up in the end - some kind of mangled reverse treble stitch that I hope will hold

it ain't pretty in close up I'm afraid, but at least it can be given back to the lovely Eli before he freezes...



meanwhile the ever brave Ms McC remains smiling, even on the operating table one amputation later...what a trooper...


I promise she'll be back shortly with some new fangled footwear, it'll be stripey... that's all I'll say...

ps I've been accused tonight of transforming our kitchen into Knitting'n'Stitching Hospital by the editors of dynamostaropremiumafc who have just returned from their weekly outing. They find me here with various different fixing projects on a nightly basis. These poorly creatures get retired to the kitchen shelves to enable regular life to resume in the morning, I've found a bed for Ms McC above the cookery books tonight... someday I WILL move onto a brand new project, I just know it...still, at least Eli's blanket can be discharged tomorrow and hopefully that'll be the last I see of that particular patient...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Is it not pretty in close up? You know, I couldn't tell where the repair was (I'm not a crocheter, but I do have eyes!!!)

Unknown said...

Beautiful colours !

Oh, poor dolly, but she still looks very happy.

Shirley said...

Brilliant job on the blanket - I'm a crocheter & think it looks fab. So glad MsMcC's op is going well.