Wednesday 10 June 2009

random photos of those pesky smallfry...

random pics of the smallfry, just because...


running through a doorway in the tudor part of Hampton Court Palace where we had a lot of fun thinking about King Henry "the Horrid" (as Esther christened him) - what a brilliant place for a day out with kids, from the palace with its kitchens and twisty turny corridors, to the maze which we had to lose ourselves in twice it was so much fun, to the formal gardens, the rose gardens (with a scent so beautiful it made us all stand still) and gorgeous wild areas in which to picnic...


had to include this shot of my wonderfully disaffected looking 6 going on 15 year old - doesn't she do sullen well? Fabulous [shivers at the thought of how well-practised she'll be by the time she actually hits 15]

it just took a bop on her trusty spacehopper to wipe that sulk from her face (how long will that grass last in the face of such bop-hopping? anyone's guess...)

ack, this one doesn't do sullen. Yet.


post sugary fudge making the old ritual of "licking the bowl". I did it with my sister (fighting over every last scrap of sweet goodness) and hopefully their kids will do it too...that old cycle of life eh? my mum would be proud to see me upholding the old traditions...

crafting? it'll be back soon, I promise...

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hampton Court sounds lots of fun, my daughter went on a school trip there earlier this term and had a ball, even met Henry VIII!

Unknown said...

Great pics. Does Big Missy get her sullen face skills from Mummy, I wonder?

Love your hair too - and Little Missy's (I just had mine cut rather like hers, actually)

Cait ni clic said...

Loving your posts and photos! We never got to take the bowl in the garden!! OOOh, the indulgence! (I think I would have run off with it if I had managed to get it out of the house!) SO lovely to see them on their space hoppers!!! Takes me right back...........:-))))))))))))

cait ni clic said...

PS, I think young Reeva should space hop all the time!!

Jo in TAS said...

Now that brings back memories of fighting over the bowl and beaters!

JuanitaTortilla said...

Gorgeous girls!!! :)
Back to your hair, I like it!

Gina said...

Fabulous photos... takes me back to when mine were small.

Apryl said...

fab photos as always... I love your hair... I look stupid I'm my hair is short.. it curls oddly and sticks out from my head in a most unbecoming manner.. its to wild for that..

and adore the sullen moodly look.. she must have stolen that from you right???

calmpassion said...

Wow, that is a moody look. Kids become teenagers so early now.

marion said...

What lovely photos. Ms Reeva for an oscar! Pity they don't make adult sized space hoppers.

Things Hand Made said...

I love the photo of the 3 of you. Its such a good photo.. worthy of the Boden catalogue!

M said...

What great pictures!! I really have to take Joey to Hampton Court soon- I used to love getting lost in the maze there!! The girls are growing so quickly. Joey does sullen pretty well at times, he looks JUST like his Dad when he does the whole "don't mess with me" face.. is quite scary!!

angharad handmade said...

Lovely photos of you all! We're no strangers to the flashes of teenagerdom here either - they start practising nice and early so that they have it totally perfected as they turn 13!

Unknown said...

Awwww!.... These are very sweet pictures. What a sweet family of yours...

--
Jhon
Are you scared to be alone at home need security

Nishant said...

Great pics.
PPC Advertising India