Thursday 8 May 2008

...special people...tea bliss...swap goodies...

as I mentioned it was my friend Nich's birthday...we visited at the weekend bringing tea(bliss*) related gifts for Nich :


  • one finished teacosy in Noro Silk Mountain - tick
  • one tin of Fortnum & Mason Regent's Blend - tick
  • one jar of F&M chocolate covered florentines - tick
  • one copy of Tea Bliss (which will either make him laugh hysterically and wonder if I have lost my mind or will change his life forever) - tick
and a rather special little gift for his lovely wife whose birthday it was recently also...




"oldfingers family " by tenfingerworkshop (felted habitat by yours truly)

we spent some sunny days in their pretty country garden, enjoyed a bbq or two and a walk through the bluebells...unfortunately I forgot my camera so no photographic evidence exists and the only photo of the teacosy on the teapot is in Nich's camera as I write...don't fret, no doubt I'll post it (totally out of context) one of these days...

in other news on the milkwood front I received a beautiful parcel from Diane in the heart of Texas...we were doing a Vintage Swap exchange arranged by Meridian...and I was delighted to receive some vintage gloves (which Ms. Reva insists are so lovely they should only be used for a wedding) and a very pretty swarovski crystal necklace...I'll unveil what I sent Diane as soon as I know she has received it safely...

Thank You Diane!

*a lot of the bliss was mine I must admit as provided a perfect opportunity to spend a recent lunch hour in the glorious Fortnum and Mason foodhall - my god they do an overwhelming amount of beautifully packaged tea!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how the little family peeks out of the cute envelope. Now I think I must go have a cup of tea.

. said...

Those gloves look gorgeous. The little people are seriously cute, and the F&M foodhall - a tea drinkers paradise I would imagine!

xMx

angharad handmade said...

Mmmm Fortnum and Mason's food hall! I haven't been in years, but we once went to browse there followed by F&M's ice cream sundaes. A very nice day out!
Your tea cosy looks lovely - gorgeous yarn. And those vintage gloves are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love that habitat so much--and its inhabitants are just adorable. What a perfect little gift.

KittyKat said...

How beautiful, was the tea cosy the one you were planning last year?
Ranting

Unknown said...

Fab tea cosy. Fab tea - fortnum's is just too wonderful, I love it (but haven't been in AGES). Those little people (and their little home) are gorgeous - I had to get 2 sets as my kids fought over who wanted to play with who (no-one wanted me....hmmmm)

Unknown said...

I am beginning to get an inkling of just exactly how much you love tea and apparently are prostelitizing too. Beautiful tea cozy. I love the cozy little envorionment you made for the cute painted wooden dolls!

Hope that you are having a great weekend!
-Emily xx

Joanne said...

F&M is such a lovely place to browse. I sometimes imagine what it would be like to do my weekly shopping there (and you do see people doing that sometimes), having a kitchen full of beautifully packaged things.

Cait ni Clic et al said...

Hey Annie, love the oldfinger family and cosy habitat! must get you over for a barbeque/birthday/both real soon!! Think you should renew your vows this summer with those gloves! (0x0)x(0x0)*infinity
Your katie k

Mary Beth said...

I love the bead family in the fabric pouch--how adorable. Thanks for the inspiration. I recently bought some of the plain pegs but am "overthinking" what to do with them. I love yours.

VSJensen said...

oh, i love that little family! how sweet :)